Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Champion Battery

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChevyCaGal, Jul 2, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I saw at Sam's Club, a Champion brand battery recently. It was a deep cycle, sealed battery, like an Optima. It looked to be very cool, at around $99. My battery has died, and will not hold a charge no matter what. Anyone know what I am talking about here? Or own one? I cannot find this exact battery anywhere on the web to link, so if you know what I mean and where to locate one, please post up.... I'd like some opinions. Thanks!

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Last time I was in Costco a few months ago they had Red Top Optimas for $90 and Blue tops for $120, if I recall correctly. I know they were dirt cheap. Might want to check them out and see if they still caryy them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

the port authority here swears by napa orbitals... just a thought... i have a motorcraft battery in my k10, hey it was free. and it held a charge while in the bed of the truck for a month

4. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

If you are in a money crunch i'd head over to an interstate store and buy a used one. they have racks of them and i have been able pick out a battery that looks brand new they test them for holding charge and you pay half the price. i have bought two. one for my truck as my back up and one for my girlfriends car and absolutly no problems.

king

5. ChevyCaGal

I'm not in a money crunch on the battery, just curious who has used this kind. I was going to get an Optima because I am sick of the Sears Die Hard crap. They suck. I had one in my car, it was dead constantly. I bought a $35 battery at Sam's, 5 months, not dead once. Same with the truck, it's always dead. I was wanting to know if this was any good, because it seems nice. I don't have a Costco membership anymore. My cousin works there and usually buys the stuff I need, but she is off for 3 weeks because she had surgery, and I need one in the next few days....

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I've got one and love it...they have the best warranty around, just take it in...they check it and if bad they hook you up with a new one and your warranty start all over again... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got one and love it...they have the best warranty around, just take it in...they check it and if bad they hook you up with a new one and your warranty start all over again... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah warrenty is a big reason I was considering it. My mom has a Champion battery, or should say did and it finally died. I couldn't find the reciept, but took it in anyhow to see if there was anyway to tell if there was any warrenty left. It was at least 4 years old. Guy said, ah, here, gave me a new one and sent me on my way. I was impressed! I think I might give it a try..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

thats what I did...took it in and they looked at the numbers on the side and went from there...
    I went through two battery's while working on the truck this last time, I did one and the paint shop did the other...