Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

change pinion angle with shakle flip?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Mar 24, 2003.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

ok I have a 14 Bolt I"m fixing to go move the spring perches on. I'm planning on doing a shakle flip when I install this, should I adjust the mounts at all or just go back to the stock angle?

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

i kept mine stock angle due to the fact that once the flip is done it put me right at 2 degrees, dosent get any better than that! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif the flip will raise the pinion in the front so remember that, unless you will have more than 4" you woulndt want to do that. it'll be fine.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I am planning on a shackle flip, add a leaf and zero rate, total of 6" so anyone have an idea hwat I am gonna have to do? Don't want to move perches. Anyone have a good idea of what degree shim I may need?

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I,m just about ready to re-weld my pearchs on and will go with the stock rotation...but I think we all have a little diff. angle on the drive shafts so fitting and finding the right angle just takes assembly...this is what I'm using for the pearches...

[​IMG]