Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Change stock air intake for wheelin

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody.

I wanna change my air intake on my 90, 350 TBI for this weekend. It has the the accordion hose to the front clip, then a plastic tube down to the bottom of the radiator.

Is there anything I can do without cutting? If I unplug the accordion hose from the front, it'll bend over to between the battery and the coolant reservoir above the wheel well (intake). Would it be better secured there than where it is or are my chances of splashing into it greater since the opening is bigger.

All your opinions are appreciated!!

<font color=blue>Brilliance is like 4wd, it allows you to get stuck in a more remote location [​IMG]</font color=blue>

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Your air cleaner will need a source of air into it..
    Moving it over the the right side fender.. could cause a problem.
    Perhap's you can route some extra tubing up high on the radiator support into the accordian air tube..
    I know I'm going back to the stock air cleaner.. after bogging my motor down in water crossings..my open element air cleaner got soaked...
    MTPocket's had a awesome snorkel setup on his truck.. Wonder where he got it from.. or if he fabricated it..

Round Rock, Texas I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status