Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Change your body mounts!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I just finished a 2" body lift with all new Energy suspension body mounts. I took it for its first spin and... <font color="red"> WOW!!! </font color> .

I thought I was going to get more body roll and that it was going to be "dangerous" to go too fast when turning. Guess what. It actually feels way better than before. I'm sure it's because of the new bushings. It feels as if I had tighened every bolt in the Blazer.

Before the bushings everything just rattled and felt like the old truck it is. Now it completele feels like a newer vehicle. Especially when going through all the potholes in the crappy asphalt in my country. I'm so happy!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

So, my advice, spend the money in new urethane bushings. It is really really worth it.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I changed mine when I did the ORD body lift. What a difference. Alot less body roll! I'm happy with the results! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

My body mounts were blew out, I would hit a bump and the body would bounce up a few inches. I had 4 body mounts that where still attached. Everything was rustaf**ked, I couldnt unscrew one bolt, I had to cut them all off. So, I put a 3inch body lift on and replaced all the mounts, and it feels a lot tighter.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well the rubber mounts had more give to them...body was probably sitting down a little also. My 75's bushings were so shot the body was just about on the frame. Now I did notice more road noise on mine. My truck has no carpet so it may not have been noticable on yours.The truck does feel more solid now.
    So did my trick for getting the brackets out work?

5. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I agree... excellent tip. I also did a two inch body lift and replaced the body mounts while I was at it.

Ken H.