Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changed fuel pump and sending unit, won`t start

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerguy 90, Oct 16, 2005.

1. blazerguy 90

blazerguy 90 1/2 ton status

I just got done changing the fuel pump and sending unit on my 90 Blazer and now it won`t start, I don`t even hear the fuel pump come on when I turn the key on. it was running ok before I changed everything, but the sending unit was bad, so I did both while I had the tank out. I checked my fuses and I tryed another fuel pump relay and got nothing, is it possible to get a new fuel pump thats bad right out of the box ?.

2. gauder

gauder Banned

Check your ground first. I just got done changing mine on my Tahoe, not as bad a job as everyone says.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not an uncommon thing to have a bad part out of the box these days. It would have been a smart idea to test the pump first to see that it worked but oh well. I was going to suggest the fuel pump relay but you said you changed it already. Check the ground as was stated first before doing anything else.

4. blazerguy 90

blazerguy 90 1/2 ton status

Ok im stupid, I went back and checked my fuses again thinking maybe I missed something, and I was right, the ECM-B fuse was blown, put in a new fuse and it started, im so happy I don`t have to pull the tank again. :D