Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changed the damn brake lines??!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevBlazin, May 12, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Ok I was going to order my stainless braided brake lines today, but I ran into a problem. The catalogs listed three different part #'s. The first catalog listed years 73-78, 80-85, & 87-91 (where did 86 go?). 4 wheel parts whole salers has Procomp and lists 73-79 1/2, 80- 86 1/2, & 87- 91. So what the hell ones do I get If I have an 86 K5?! Do I have to figure out when in 86 it was made? I'd like to order them soon so I can install them at the same time as the axles. Anyone else run into this, which ones do I need? Also, where is the cheapest place to get ones for a 4-6 inch lift? Thanks

2. BigBri

BigBri Registered Member

to find out when it was made, check the vin plate on the inside of the drivers side door.

3. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Do you mean the metal plate at the bottom of the windshield? I hope, because I dont have the original doors anymore. Of course I never thought of writing that info down either, doh.

4. Yea it's the metal plate, at the bottom of the windshield. It's also on your frame, but just go by the one on that plate. Later 80K20