Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changing '82 K-10 - A/C to non-A/C

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by doc70sub, Nov 10, 2003.

1. doc70sub

doc70sub 1/2 ton status

Changing \'82 K-10 - A/C to non-A/C

My A/c system was damaged (fire) to the point that I ripped it all out, ducts & all. How hard will it be to retro-fit a standard heater into the factory A/C cab on an '82 K-10?

Thanks!
    Doc

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Re: Changing \'82 K-10 - A/C to non-A/C

Once you get the non-AC heater box parts, you will quickly see that you need to patch the old hole in the firewall and cut a new one. IIRC, my patch is about 6" x 10" and has two holes drilled in it for the heater core tubes.

I was a fair bit of work, but I'd do it again if I had to /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: Changing \'82 K-10 - A/C to non-A/C

base heat system firewall box alot smaller than a/c box, my 83 is factory non-a/c and i am super glad /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    alot of trucks i have been coming across and know of are non a/c trucks also, used ot only see a/c 73-up, never had seen a non a/c 73-up until about a year ago, they coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden, i didnt think non a/c 73-up existed before. hehe

wierd..