I had no idea how much trouble it was to simply change a freakin' u-joint! I had mt driveshaft out this weekend and thought I would change my u-joints. You know, preventative maintenance. Afterall, they are the original factory joints and do have over 239,000 miles on them! Anyway, first I tried a c-clamp to press them out. But that wasn't big enough. Then I tried a BIGGER one (10" clamp). That one was big enough the clear the sockets I was using on both ends, but my drive shaft has "ears" or small tabs on it. So, the big socket I was using to press into, wouldn't sit flat. As it would tilt, the damn clamp would just walk it self right out. The answer? Well, I put the 1 1/4" socket on the floor of the garage. Laid the drive shaft on it center the u-joint cap so it could just pop into the socket when it came out. Put a 3/4" socket on the top cap. And beat the hell out of it with a 3lb sledge! (Love the punishment the Craftsman sockets can take.) After quite a bit of beating and chasing the 3/4" socket around the garage (would fly out everytime I hit it), the old joints finally popped out. It took me probably 2 hours to get the two joints out! Man was that a pain in the arse! I certainly hope one of these things doesn't break on the trail! Just wanted to relate my weekend saga! Brian Click to see <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com> My 85 Jimmy </a> PM me for a great deal on blinker fluid! Best price on the net!