Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changing brakes soon...what are the best kind?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Jul 9, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My brakes are all messed up...if you slam them to the floor they simply roll to a stop 15ft ahead...my dad is going to get them replaced, but he doesn't know which type is the best...any suggestions?

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

2. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

I'm a Police driving Instructor and went to a racing school in West Virginia and they recommended "PERFORMANCE FRICTION" Carbon Metallic pads. I bought them for my 90 Blazer $34.00 for the front and swear by them. Also use them on our Driver training cars. Don't go cheap on brakes!!

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Two of my friends just got engnineering jobs at Performance Friction. From what I've heard they're the best brake pads around. I think I need to call and see if they can get me some "free samples".

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

4. PattBlue

YEAH!!! FREE SAMPLES!! also for a 2000 Grand-Am. Anything for free!! lol :)

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I have had great luck with the "Lifetime" garantee brakes from Autozone. When they wear out go get a new set .....free! As long as they don't go metal to metal. No kidding.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

6. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

This sounds like a good time to look in to a 4 wheel disc brakes conversion. Doesen't anyone else think so? hehe

7. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

How much would 4 wheel disc brakes run? How much better are they...? This is a must project....i really hate to spend my money on brakes, but i really need them...hey those autozone breaks, how much are they? Thanks for the help so far

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

8. PattBlue

Just saw a conversion in the new J.C. Whitney catalog..I think about $489.00. Just so everyone knows Perfomance Friction also have a Lifetime Warranty. Take them back and get free new ones....