Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changing cab mount bushings, 73-75, Prothane bushings??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FWP, May 15, 2002.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Anybody try these? I have a set, and prothane swears they are correct for my 75. After bustin my ars tonight to get the old rusted crap out, checked them against the new ones, and it appears they are not correct. I may just go ahead and order a set of Energy Suspension, just to see the difference.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Let us know. Don't forget factory mounts are going to be really "squashed" and on vehicles this old, no telling if they have already been replaced with a body lift etc.

3. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I put some poly's on but dont remember from where. Only installed them under the cab area, left the core support and the 4 rear as rubber. Helped the taco effect some and still allows the front to flex easily. The do look totally different than what comes off. The hockey puck looking one goes on top and then the smaller of the two goes on bottom is how mine are, then you have the two really tall ones that go right behind the front seats.