Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

changing from 10 bolt to dana 60 front...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by xpndbl3, Apr 17, 2007.

1. xpndbl3

xpndbl3 1/2 ton status

Bough a DRW dana 60 out of a 82 dually, I'll be ordering the SRW hubs and rotors shortly. Right now the suburban is on a 6" lift kit and has a raised steering arm, I believe it's called. The dana 60 has kingpins, so can that steering arm be transferred over or what is needed to be swapped. Right now it's an 88 3/4 ton suburban with the 8 lug 10bolt front. I'm guessing the stainless brake lines that I have would swap over to the dana 60 calipers as well?

2. k30bb468

k30bb468 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Crossover steering would be the best thing you could do for your steering, otherwise you will need to get either a steering block , to raise the stock arm on the Dana 60 + either a dropped draglink ,or a dropped pitman arm to get some kind of steering, which will still be poor on the road & even worse offroad. Then you'll realize that you should have just went with crosover steering in the first place . Then you have all those parts left over ,when you finally go to crossover & can't get even 1/2 your $$$ back by selling them . (ask me how I know):doah:

3. xpndbl3

xpndbl3 1/2 ton status

which crossover steering did you go with? Plus I don't know of a local shop to do the machining to the spindle since I assume they all need machining for crossover steering.

4. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

X2

I'm using ORD on mine.

5. k30bb468

k30bb468 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I went with ORD (I got a deal on some used stuff) ,but there are a ton of other vendors with quality parts.
    Pony up the $25 & become a member (you will not regret it) Then you can use the search function & open up a whole different world of information.
    Just the amount of knowledge & skill on this site overwhelming .

Notice of Disclaimer. Any reference to a commercial product, process, service, or company is not an endorsement or recommendation by CK5 or ORD