Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changing from auto to Manual Locking Hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Feb 13, 2006.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

How would I go about doing this????
    Just gut the stock auto hubs and install the new Locking Hubs.
    I am thinking about going with
    http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail.asp&part=SPW-400518&FROM=MG
    While I am doing this I will go ahead and change my brakes. Should I get bigger rotors and pads or just stick with stock. I will be doing a lot of off-roading this fall to test new parts I install on my truck.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

It was quite easy on mine I undid 4 ubolts the driveshaft and brakelines and steering out with the 10 bolt with auto hubs and in with a 60 with manual hubs, hook up brakelines and bleed, driveshaft, steering and 3 ubolts and 2 bolts:D .

J/K

Remove old hubs and internals and all snap rings. Install manual hub and snap ring around hub then install snap ring on the end of the stub shaft if was previously installed. Place manual operator over the hub and secure with screws. Dont forget to lube the hub slightly do not pack it in as it will have a tendency to stick.

Ira

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Wow I was reading your post and thinking to my self (Lay of the crack). hahahaha
    So it's pretty easy. Sweet thanks