Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changing front wheel studs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EDdaTREE, May 14, 2000.

1. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I've got 3 bad lugnut studs on my front axle...the lugnuts won't tighten up. I changed the rear ones before using the old "knock em' out with a hammer and pull the new ones in using washers and tightening the lugnut" method. How hard is it to do the fronts? Do I have to just pull the hub and rotor assembly off the spindle? Or do I have to split the both of them? Or is there a way to punch em' out still on the truck? Thanx for any help, and HAPPY MUDDIN'

2. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Do them the exact same way as you did the rears,, just pull the tire,, knock them out the back and suck 'em in with an impact wrench.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

you have to pull the hub down though too!

4. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Yes you have to pull the rotor off the spindle to do this.I just did all six on one end when i lost my wheel.Not good!!Brady

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Brady is right. We had to replace all mine in the front before we slapped the 35's on my Jimmy. You have to remove all that stuff to get to them. Then after that you just punch them out and put the new ones in. Good luck man!

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)