Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

changing my locking hubs got ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by deek, May 21, 2003.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

changing my locking hubs got ?\'s

I'm gonna change my locking hubs on my 73' blazer, along with a bearing job, how hard is the process, & is there any thing i should know before starting? Please /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: changing my locking hubs got ?\'s

Do you have a Haynes or Chilton's? If not pick one up they are like 14.99 at Autozone they have pretty good instructions. It's not hard to do you will need a special socket for the locknut with 4 prongs on it and a torque wrench. if ya get stuck just post and somebody will help ya along /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Brian

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Re: changing my locking hubs got ?\'s

you don't need the spindle nut socket to change your hubs out. usually just the right size allen wrench, and some small flathead screwdrivers, and maybe some snap ring pliers. that's all i used when i changed mine from auto to manual. use the allen wrench to take the outter cap off and use the small screwdrivers to pry out the snap rings that are inside the hub wall and on the axle stub.