Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changing spring packs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FoolSizeK5, Feb 15, 2006.

1. FoolSizeK5

FoolSizeK5 Registered Member

Has anyone ever taken 6 inch lift springs and removed some leaves to get a 4 or 3 inch lift? Have a set of front 6 inch leaves and 4 inch rears that i got for helping a buddy with his truck. Only planning on running 33s till i can get larger axles. So i don't need that much for a while. Wondering if it was a sane idea or not. I like to listen to people with experiance before i tear into somthing.

2. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have 4" rough country front springs. I took out the two bottom leaves and it lowered it too much. I put the bottom leaf back in it was taller but I thought it was too soft for my burb and my driving, I bottemed out alot. I put it back together and I like it better overall then with any of the leafs removed. This is just what I experianced removing leafs.

3. FoolSizeK5

FoolSizeK5 Registered Member

Well i have 6in front and 4 rear. Only want 4 inch max going to run 33s and would like it to be flexy. Don't want to run more than 33s with my stock axles. So to keep from dumping alot of money into it now with the 10 bolts I'm just going to go 3 or 4 inch with the lift run 33s with EZ lockers and hope that everything stays together with the smallish tires. Just trying to use what i have to keep from spending more money on things i'm going to change again in a year or two.