Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changing toilet wax ring sucks!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5james, Sep 15, 2004.

1. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Man I'd hate to be a plumber and god bless those of you that do the work. I had to change the wax ring on one of my leaky toilets today and blah /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Just thought I'd share my disgusting moment with all of you guys.

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

It's not that is hard just wear some rubber gloves [​IMG]

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

The best part of the job is the puff of sewer gas that violates your nostrils when you remove the toilet. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I agree with you. When all my boys were young I got to be very fast at toilet removal and wax ring replacement. Thay kept flushing "D" cell batterys and Thomas the Tank Engine toys down the thing. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I could tear out a toilet and be clearing it out in the backyard in 10 min. or so!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

its a crappy job, but someone has to do it. i get to play with RV black tanks on a pretty regular basis. not only a crappy job, but one with someone else's crap.

6. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Man I'd hate to be a plumber and god bless those of you that do the work. I had to change the wax ring on one of my leaky toilets today and blah /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Just thought I'd share my disgusting moment with all of you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what sucks even more? When you step on one of those used rings and that crap gets stuck in your boots. I had to take a pressure washer to them... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I agree with you. When all my boys were young I got to be very fast at toilet removal and wax ring replacement. Thay kept flushing "D" cell batterys and Thomas the Tank Engine toys down the thing. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I could tear out a toilet and be clearing it out in the backyard in 10 min. or so!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm there man!
    all my boys are under 8, been through 2 toilets and countless r&r sessions, just in the last 6 months. I hate home repairs!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.giffamous Quote "what a wonderful smell you've discovered" Han Solo, star wars. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    its a crappy job, but someone has to do it. i get to play with RV black tanks on a pretty regular basis. not only a crappy job, but one with someone else's crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
    how is this for a crappy job? When our jet comes back its our job to emty the Shi**er, thats like 25 gallons of other people's Shi**

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My kid flushed his mothers deodorant and numerous hotwheels... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Damn I'm glad that I'm not alone! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

Nice!!! Now I know what I have to look forward to. I'm sure my boy flushed a WASHCLOTH!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Nothing like spending quality hours plunging the **** outta the toilet only to see the very end of what it is your trying to free, knowing you're gonna have to pull the toilet... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    how is this for a crappy job? When our jet comes back its our job to emty the Shi**er, thats like 25 gallons of other people's Shi**

[/ QUOTE ]

our black tanks are 40+, and they're not always "fresh".

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hmmm...I'm not looking forward to that...

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

MMMMMMMmmmmmmm! Pooo Gas....... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif