Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Changing trans filter and fluid

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Jul 19, 2003.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

First I want to say if any bean counter that works for GM reads these forums, and is in anyway responsible for the decision not to put a drain plug in the tranny pan, email me with your adress, I'll be in your driveway in short order.

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

That being said I just wanted to ask is there always a magnet laying in the bottom of 700R4 trans pans or would that be something the tranny shop did when they rebuilt it?

DD is almost going again

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sucks huh especially if your Y pipe is right there like mine /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. Mine had a magnet in it and has never been rebuilt so I was assuming it was stock...both of my 10b's had them too.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    That being said I just wanted to ask is there always a magnet laying in the bottom of 700R4 trans pans or would that be something the tranny shop did when they rebuilt it?

[/ QUOTE ]
    they are there stock they are there to hold any metal shavings or pieces that may fall into the pan

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Cool. Was just curious if GM put it in there or somebody else. The daily driver was running tonight. (Huge sigh of relief). Valve covers tomorrow morning and drive shaft and take it for a spin. Can't wait.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i think the main reason they didnt put a drain plug in the pans is becuase they want you to change the filter...most people probobly would just drain the fluid and hardly ever touch the filter..