Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chappelle's show reportedly 'done' according to cast member

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cegusman, Aug 4, 2005.

1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

By The Associated Press
    (8/04/05 - NEW YORK) — Time to face the facts: Dave Chappelle's hit Comedy Central series isn't coming back, says one of its stars. "`Chappelle's Show' is over, man. Done," comic Charlie Murphy told TV Guide. "It took me a long time to be able to say those words, but I can say it pretty easy now, because it's the truth." [​IMG] Sign up for free E-witness News
    [​IMG] abc13.com slideshow archive

Chappelle's sudden "spiritual retreat" to South Africa on the eve of his show's third season has left the series in limbo since May. About half of a new season had been filmed before Chappelle left, Murphy said. "I'm disappointed it ended the way it did, but I'm not angry with anybody," he said. "`Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. It came out, it got everybody's attention, it was a bright shining star, but it burned out and for some strange reason, it burned out quick."

Comedy Central has always said the door is open for Chappelle to return, spokeswoman Aileen Budow said Wednesday.

Network chief Doug Herzog met with Chappelle on June 3, but that has been their last communication, she said.

Murphy, the older brother of comic Eddie Murphy, said his two seasons with Chappelle made him a star.

"Now I can go out and do stand-up," he said. "I'm getting movie offers. It's off the hook. Me getting to the next level or whatever's going to happen is going to come from the next things I do, but `Chappelle's Show' served its purpose and I'll always be grateful."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/entertainment/080405_APent_chapelle.html

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Good to hear that "darkness" is doing well with his career. :D

Looks like they have replaced it with "Mind of Mencia", it's pretty funny, watched a few episodes.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It was a funny show - I can't believe that he is walking away from the show and the $$$$$$$. Most of the $$ fom his latest contract was to come from residuals and sales of dvd's that will never be made.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Chappelle is funny. I liked his crackhead skits.

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

The black white supremacist was one of the best. White Power!

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, Chappelle isn't affraid too poke fun at todays taboo topics. That's what I really like about him.