Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Charlotte, NC anyone???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trouble1, Mar 2, 2003.

1. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Looking for a little info on the area...It's the only place I've been offered a decent job that doesn't require the phrase..."would you like fries with that?". Any info would be helpful, not sure if I am gonna take the job, but money is getting tight, nad a I haven't seen a steady paycheck in well over a year. Not wanting to really move that far away, but...want to know if its a dect place, trails etc...

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh good city, has its rough spots, as far as trails and stuff thats where its not that good. Theres a few places but nothing in the middle, theres like 2 easy spots, and i know of one really hard one (friend with a 96 ram 6" lift 35" tires 400hp locked at both ends got stuck). But its a good place. Theres a few small towns around that have power line type trails.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

You'd be like 4 1/2 hours from Tellico! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

up in winston (1- 1 1/2 hours) we got some trails you'd prolly like, nothing huge, but some nice stuff. you are near tellico and uwharrie! only about 4 hours from the beach too. i love north carolina, if you don't like rednecks i recomend to not move here though. charlotte's a good city and trust me winston has tons of jobs open too. . .

5. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Rednecks, lets see, not only did my home come in on wheels, I actually pull it behind my Blazer....
    I own more cars that dont run than do...
    my exaust is louder than my stereo...

I'm not saying nothing else so I don't incriminate myself... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

guys don't scare him off...there's plenty o'places to go wheeling. Uhwarrie isn't too far off, you're close to home with 4Wheel Parts (junk), Tellico is close(r), and NC is the best state - EVER! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif