Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap 1 piece RMS flywheel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Jul 23, 2003.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've decided that the engine has to come out of my 1 ton to be donated to my '84. Being that it is an 86, I'm willing to bet it has a 1 piece rear main seal. Of course I can't be for sure until I pull it (am I right?). Where do I get a cheap flywheel for 1 piece rear main seal? Donor trucks are definitely out of the question.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You say donor trucks are out of the question meaning...?

Have any auto swap meets locally? I picked up one of my flywheels at the swap meet for $10 and had it turned for $25. (lots of life left on it) I know 1 piece RMS flywheels are "rarer", but I think any of the newer trucks up until '90 or so used the same flywheel, so they ARE out there.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I need it now though. I figured there'd be a place online maybe where I could get one cheaper than $100 that I'd have to pay at AZ to get one.

This is where being a 4 speed sucks. I can get 1 piece RMS flexplates all day long for nothing, especially if I have time.

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I have one for a 350, look at my forsale post in the forsale section! Cheap! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif