Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap 6x9 info

Discussion in 'Audio' started by '73 K5, Jun 6, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Dang this "audio" page sure isn't very popular. Anyways I just wanted to pass on a good deal I got in on. I wanted to put 6x9's in the back of my Blazer, but since the top will be off I didn't want something expensive. I found Delco replacements from a place called Parts Express. I'm pretty sure they have a website too. Anyways, the 6x9's are under $2 a piece! $3.90 a pair. What a deal. So if they get rained on or stolen, I won't care a bit. Maybe you guys would want to do the same thing???

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. NeXuS1

NeXuS1 Registered Member

sure its cheap, and its gonna sound cheap, probably blow up first time you turn the AM up but if you listen to stuff like the news or talk radio then cheap speakers work, but if your looking for clear and clean sound then i say spend some money and do a good job to protect them. I dont know what you do with your blazer or your audio tastes but speakers all depend on you, if they sound good to you then more power to you.

We are Blind to the worlds within us, waiting to be born.

3. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

BTW the address for parts express is http://www.partsexpress.com They cary tons of good audio stuff at dealer costs. I've bought some stuff from them liek speaker terminals and waire because they sell it in bulk real cheap. They also have a lot of drivers and such so you can build your own speaker cabinets for the house. Nice company in my opinion.

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Yea, I know its going to sound like crap. I'm going to have the fader set on only the front for 99% of the time anyway. The only time I'll be using the rear speakers is when someone is sitting in the backseat.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Get what you pay for. I would go for some better ones maybe 20-25 dollar range. nobody would take the time to steal those..and if it rains all you have to do is put plastic over them. $3.90 a pair means either there defected or mad with recycled pig skin or something.

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

MARINE SPEAKERs!!!!!!!

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII ordered 5-15-00. 38" sx's -