Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap airline tickets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Nov 9, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know of a place to get cheap airline tickets? I might have to fly my wife from Denver to Tulsa next week because her father is very ill. I tried Priceline and the others, but got outrageous prices?

Any help would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Denver is United's hub ask them for an emergency fare, you will need a doctor's slip.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

www.lastminutetravel.com

i got a round trip from vegas to indianapolis last year for $300, and that was with about 6 hours advance purchase. i bought it aroun noon, and flew out later that evening.

rick

6. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I recently got tickets from Seattle to LA cheaper direct from http://alaskaairline.com than any of the other on-line travel sites (expedia, priceline, cheaptickets, orbits, etc.) I think it is a case-by-case scenario. Changing the departure or return day can often bring the price down a lot. If you plan on traveling there several times, you can RT buy two tickets, one from your home to the destination and one from the destination to your home. Say your doing two one-day trips. The first set has you leave, say the first of the month with a return on the 15th. The second has you leave on the 2nd of the month with a return on the 16th. You then fly out on the first half of the ticket to from home to destination and back on the first half of a the ticket fromt the destination you your home. Do the opposite at the later travel date. This saves $ because your stays appear much longer, but you do have to schedule the travel dates for both visits at the same time. Airlines also frown on this practice and may penalize you if your caught.

7. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

This is only true in certain situations and markets. Yes Airline personnel frown on this.