Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap airline travel tips?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Jan 21, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Anyone got any? How exactly does priceline.com work? Do I have to actually place a bid to see what I can get tickets for which would mean buy them? I'm trying to see how much it'll cost. I don't want to buy them just yet.

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

2. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try expedia.com and cheaptickets.com.
    Also if there are other airports in the vicinity of where you are or going, try those, you may save more than an hour trip in the car costs. We went to CT from FL in August. We saved $300 from driving 3 hrs to New Orleans instead of flying out of Pensacola.
    BTW we went expedia and got lower rates than what AAA could get me.
    They also have a fare tracker which looks at a route that you want and gives you updates on the rates

Rob

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

3. muddin4fun

I looked on southwest airlines.com and they have some sort of system wide specials? Anyone heard of these? I'm wondering what kind of exceptions or 'all of the sudden' fees there are....

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Southwest is the airline to fly if you can-

there cheap tickets REALLY are that cheap- business men use them ALL the time!!! we fly them every chance we can, the people who work for them are all happy- giggly etc.. really makes it fun- remember most of there prices are ONE WAY on there website!!

--Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I like Southwest.... you're flying of out Dallas right? That's an expensive airport to fly out of, so keep that in mind. Friends dad is a travel agent. Granted you live in TX and he here, but I can ask him to look up some stuff for you if you like.... [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    Stop Global Whining
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

since its Texas- your best bet---

Drive to Houston- and fly continental WHERE EVER your going, its there hub- and your gonna get the best deal there, more than likely even a non-stop flight. where are you headed?

--Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

7. muddin4fun

LOL! The drive to houston is 8 hours from where I am and to drive to new mexico would be 11 hrs. LOL!

We might just drive. I looked at southwest airlines and they have some good rates, but it'd still cost 400 round trip and then we still gotta pay for a car and hotel. We might take the camaro with the t-tops off that way we just pay gas and hotel [​IMG] and the camaro is way fun with the t-tops off. Me and Nick used to live in west texas and we'd drive 8 hrs ever weekend for about a month when we were fixing to move...you know figuring out where we're gonna live, etc. So, 11 hrs with us spliting it up is no big deal. Especially with that car. We'll be fighting over who gets to drive first. We just gotta figure out why it's puking tranny fluid [​IMG]