Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap and Easy Exhaust Trick

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chrome Moly, Mar 5, 2000.

1. Chrome Moly

Chrome Moly Registered Member

Local muffler shops wanted almost $300 bucks to install my exhaust from headers back (plus mufflers). I went to another guy and he told me to just get some old brake lines (or any bendable line), and get under my truck and bend the lines where I wanted my exhaust to be and bring him the lines and he'll make the 2.5 pipes for me. Just remember which ends you want him to be blow up (inner or outer dia), so you can just slide the pipes inside each other and clamp em' It took me 2 hours to install my whole prefabbed system. He charged me $60 for two head pipes, two flanges, two straight pipes, and two tail pipes (exiting before the rear meats) all mandrel bent. I went to Autozone & picked up 6 muffler clamps(@ 99 cents a piece, and two hangers. I spent a total of $70 bucks minus mufflers, for my whole exhaust system. Hopes this saves you guys some money. Let me you know what ya think. [​IMG]

Chrome Moly
    <font color=green>Resistance is Futile</font color=green> [​IMG]

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I drove my K5 with the new engine and new headers to my local exhaust shop. I gave them two flowmasters and they bent the 2.5" pipes and welded it all up. They provided the hangers and only charged me $80.

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

3. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey Gold Rush how many chambers are you're Flowmasters and are they really loud or do they sound good, and how bout the power you get and the torque is it worth it to buy Flowmasters, and how much did you pay for the exhaust I went to 4WPW and they have the Gibson exhaust for $75 each should I get the Flowmasters instead of the gibsons talk to you later.

keep blazin !!!

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

That's a deal!! I went to a friends friend and he wanted $350 to do mine on mine with a performance muffler. Since I got laid off I have to wait. Two years ago I was going to get dual stainless steel exhaust from another guy I know and just had to buy the mufflers. He told me to call him next week, so I did and his wife said he just left to go work in a pit crew that morning and wouldn't be back for 9 months. Two years later he still isn't back. So I can piss that one away.... Sucks what can happen in a week.

<font color=red>C<font color=green>'<font color=blue>m<font color=orange>o<font color=purple>e

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"