Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cheap door panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rix_Gotta_Blazer, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

i have been looking for some cheap yet new ionterior parts for my '81. i have checked out J.C. Whitney and they look pretty good. is there any other type of catalog or business that has similar replacment parts for restoring Blazers? thanx.

i liked this bumper sticker i saw, "real Americans DRIVE American"

2. PAVEVENT SUCKS

PAVEVENT SUCKS Registered Member

i live an hour a way from whitneys warehouse & go there all the time,you gotta watch what you buy there,some stuff is quality,and some is just plain junk.Ive got a big restoration book at home but i cant rember who sends it out,thier prices are about the same price as whitneys but thier products are alot more quality

3. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: cheap door panels+

i would really apreciate it if you could find out the name of that magazine. i am looking for ALL of my options.thanks.

i liked this bumper sticker i saw, "real Americans DRIVE American"

4. PAVEVENT SUCKS

PAVEVENT SUCKS Registered Member

try www.lmc truck.com im pretty sure thats it,they got a huge catalog they send for free-has about every piece for restoration imangineable,ive ordered through them twice with no problems

5. 81Bogger

81Bogger Registered Member

I too have an '81 in need of door panels, new interior, etc...
    The best option I've found is lmc truck, <a target="_blank" href=http://www.lmctruck.com>www.lmctruck.com</a>, they have an awesome free catolog.....They have at least 2 different options for door panels, and all the parts you need for your blazer, well almost all you'll need....... [​IMG]

<font color=red>81</font color=red><font color=blue>Bogger<font color=blue>
    "<font color=blue>Mud under tire, and Fords in the rear view...<font color=blue>" [​IMG]

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Look in your phone book for the aftermarket body places..they might be able to get them too. LMC has a little disclaimer about the door panels "not being OEM replacements" or some such, indicating they either don't fit worth a darn, or look stupid, IMHO. Get what you pay for almost all the time, thats why GM parts are so expensive. They fit and they work. (the ones that aren't now made in Taiwan anyways)

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

7. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I think the interior parts from LMC and JCW are too expensive. I got door panels and arm rests in great condition from a junkyard for less than $50. I washed them off, painted them up with vinyl paint and saved a ton of $$$$$$$

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

8. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Try Classic Industries.

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

9. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

The wrecking yard is by far the cheapest....usually $25 each around Texas. They are usually just layin' in the truck, Blazer or Suburban...they're all the same. LMC has several different styles. One is a "repalcement" and will not work with your original trim for $160 a pair. They do sale a very nice pair, OE style, that will work with your trim though for $170. Neither is cheap in my book.....so off to the "yard".....I have also had great luck with "painting" them with vinyl dye.

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

10. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

just to let you knwo, they don' thave aahrd top or a soft top i ntheir catalog, at keast so far as i can see, and if they have a soft top, tell me where it is in the book.

16, 88 jimmy, kearning, but still need help