Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cheap doors

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fink, Sep 4, 2001.

1. fink

fink Registered Member

Got some cheap truck doors for my blazer. Where the heck do i need to reinforce them babies to make um work ??

2. kilomanjaro

kilomanjaro 1/2 ton status

around the latch.

3. fink

fink Registered Member

what do you mean around the latch ? the door has the same prep. as a blazer door (area that strike/ latch assembly screws to) ???

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

If you have an old blazer door, or get a look at one, you'll see an extra plate around the latch that is not found on a truck door. If you don't have the blazer doors to get them from, you can simply get some metal from your hardware store, and make some. Just weld your own plates to the doors and your in business! I have also seen a few blazers that don't have the plates(truck doors) and none seem to miss them much. Just an extra .02 cents free of charge[​IMG]

[image]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1328774&a=9975627&p=33244094[/image]

5. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

Sean, by cheap doors do you mean ones from the wrecking yard? Or do you mean cheap re-pops from Tiawan? I'm just curious because I'm going to pick up some of the re-pops this November. I just want to see if anyone else has used them.

Travis

6. fink

fink Registered Member

Just not rusty doors @ a junk yard travis. few dents

7. kilomanjaro

kilomanjaro 1/2 ton status

i have a set of rusty doors i would sell the reinforcing plates if anyone is interested, email me at kilomanjaro63@hotmail.com if you are