Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cheap extended brake lines for a D 60 front

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudduck, Oct 18, 2002.

1. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

anyone have a part number for extended front brake lines for a 60 front? will the napa # 38872 fit the front 60 caliper? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Mudduck,
    My understanding is that the 10 bolt and the Dana60 has the same size diameter banjo bolt. THe Dana 44 has the larger diameter bolt. The 10bolt banjo bolt is actually a 10mm bolt. There are difference is threading though. Mudzer is going through this now i'm trying to find some banjo bolts for his 60 calipers. He needs to change out his brakelines from the 44 style to the 10/60 style.
    If anyone knows if the 10 bolt banjo bolt and a dana60 banjo bolt are the same...pm me or Mudzer. The MotorMite part number for a 10 bolt is 313940. This can be found at AutoZone. But the computers and the motormite catalog don't even list a dana60 bolt size.
    Blake

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Now THATS what I call a Parts Man! It is very cool having you around Blake. Keep up the good work! Its great to have someone who knows what they are doing behind the counter. I am sure AutoZone Columbia just upped their Staff knowledge by 200% by hiring you.

4. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

After a little looking around...2 people here claim that the 10 bolt and dana60 banjo bolt are one in the same. So those brake lines must work out.
    Blake

5. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifthanks man i need these lines for next weekend streched the ones i have now and if i plan on flexing i need longer lines.Mudzer said it all what part guy and thanks for the help hope to wheel with ya soon.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I can varify that the 10 bolt lines will work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have put 2 different sets of lines on the front of the Mouse and both were ordered for a 10 bolt front and bolted to my D60 calipers.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The word CHEAP scares me when talking about break lines !!!!!

8. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Cheap break lines......? Oximoron? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yes the 10b will bolt-up.

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yes, brake lines for our favorite axle, the 10-bolt /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and the Dana 60 are one in the same.

10. mudduck

mudduck 1/2 ton status

thanks again everyone got the lines i needed today. wasnt trying to be cheap and just throw my truck together but couldnt find the steel braided lines local without ordering and waiting a week and needed to check brakes on truck before next weekend. if these lines work out wont need the others save more money for a front locker or a winch /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey, Im borrowing an old trick from the Dodge Boys. I plan to buy a pair of the extended brake lines from Napa everyone is always talking about which are meant for a rear axle application. I will use this setup in front and rear. You run a single line down to the pumpkin, then hard lines out to just near the calipers, then short lines to the calipers. This eliminates the problems needing a super long brake line to the calipers. The Centerline of the frame to axle Centerline is the shortest distance traveled during suspension cycle. This should be the ticket. Plus, I can buy all the parts locally. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ORD's rig is running that way. i aslo plan to do the same.
    just need a front axle and suspension under the truck first.....
    grant