Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap headliner replacement or repair?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5freak44, Nov 3, 2004.

1. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

I got a ugly AZZ headliner. I dont wana take it out. Any whay i can fix it up or make something that looks like it?

Peace

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Back when I ran a headliner, I took the original piece of cardboard (after the original headliner pealed off) and glued some of that black automotive carpet to it. Looked decent, worked well, and of coarse Cheap!

3. blazen86

blazen86 Registered Member

I did the same thing but used a new headliner matrial when i put it back in. The original cardboard was still good so i used a spray glue and the whole thing cost me about $20. Not a hole in the wallet and it looks original.

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

why dont you want to take it out??

5. zx672

zx672 Registered Member

If you are in Houston, there is shop in Stafford, TX that will put new headliner on for $20.00. All you have to do is bring the card board portion to him. Let me know if you need the shops info.

6. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Do it yourself and put flames in it with some foam. That's what I did, took an hour to do and looks great.

Sometimes trips to the fabric store can be fun, checking out the yummy mummy's.

7. brokecuzwheelin

brokecuzwheelin Newbie

Someday when I get around to caring about my interior, I'm gonna rip the fabric off the cardboard and glue an American flag on instead, then put it back up with all the factory trim.

8. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

thanks for all the help guys ill take it off and see what kinda condition the cardboard is in.

i want to keep it because my interior will look like crap w/o it, and plus i have all the plastic trim pieces, so i wana keep it oroginal.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Thats a cool idea!!--none of my trucks have a headliner,I'd like to see an american flag up there!--mind if I'm a copycat??. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i went to a fabric place and bought some material for
    6.00 bux , plus some spray adhesive for 4.00 bux.
    looks good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. brokecuzwheelin

brokecuzwheelin Newbie

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats a cool idea!!--none of my trucks have a headliner,I'd like to see an american flag up there!--mind if I'm a copycat??. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was completely my idea. I saw a truck with a confederate flag headliner and that gave me the idea. I'm sure there are already people out there that have done the same thing. Take some pics if you do it, though.

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I've been thinking about putting a headliner in my diesel truck to help kill some of the noise.My brother used that silver "bubble wrap"insulation stuff they sell at home depot in his 41 studebaker coupe for a headliner until he had a new one stitched up--I thought it looked pretty good the way is was--I might use the same stuff for a base for the flag headliner!. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

13. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I need to do this too!! its annoying when your wheeling hit a bump then the fabric is in your face! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

14. blazen86

blazen86 Registered Member

Yeah those flames are sweet, but i was thinkin about a big chevy emblem in the midddle of mine