Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap hobbies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So what are your hobbies that don't cost a whole heck of alot ?? I'm growing roses because I feel it'll help too sell the trailer when the time comes, and because it's pretty darn cheap, plant them, and water them every other evening.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Spreading hate and discontent throughout the land.................. :D

Probably the only thing that would qualify is reading and watching the History Channel.

Oh wait, I'm sort of getting into dirt track racing. It's cheap right now cause the car isn't mine...................... :D

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I've never seen the words "cheap" and "hobbies" in the same sentence before. :eek:

4. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I know what hobbies aren't cheap, my race car.

5. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

yeah skeet, trap and other sporting clays shooting isnt as cheap as i thought i would be

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I build model cars and trucks. Been doing it for over 30 years now, and its still fun. Have about 30 in my library on display right now, with 11-12 to build, then I will restock.

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Start collecting rocks.

Just kidding, no good hobbies are that cheap.

8. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

what about those 4x4 rc cars?

i havent ever looked into it but that might be cheap

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Out of all mine , the Hot Wheels are least expensive , just a dollar each average for new ones , most expensive Ebay one was six dolars . I only collect Chevy's , Mopars , and B.O.P cars and trucks though :D

I have R/C cars , but thats expensive too so they sit for now , I need some new suspension parts for the RC10 truck , and my Tamiya stuff cost too much to beat on ( classics )

I collect some free stuff too , pens and cards from different places I go , free :grin:

10. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Disc golf, been playing for almost 11 years now. Free admission to all the courses arround here, and the disc's were cheap, until it started getting popular 2-3 years ago, now they are up arround $20. Good thing i dont loose any anymore, ive been using the same driver and putter since 2000 when i paid $12 for them :D

I guess fishing could qualify, but that can also get real expensive, real fast.

11. google

google 1/2 ton status

Does ck5 count as a hobby? If not, then maby I need to find one.... How about video games? Mostly I just play with my kids and mess with my truck.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My kids... Ah, they're not cheap...

Surfing classifieds for car deals and income properties. It's boring, yet addictive. Cheap because I never spend any money on it.

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

What about playing with scammers, doesnt that count for a cheap hobby :p:

14. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Small boat, (10' or so) small trailer, fishing pole, license, a favorite lure/bait, and the costs of fishing are pretty much taken care of.

Some can do without a boat, I can't. Nothing like being able to tool around a small lake hitting all the good looking spots. I think being able to move unlimited (within the confines of the lake) takes a lot of the boredom out of fishing some experience. I like to move around.

I can't think of many cheaper hobbies. It doesn't usually involve breaking/replacing things every time you go out, whether you are in one place the whole day or 5 minutes the cost is the same, equipment doesn't become obsolete for the most part, and most areas have lots of places to fish/explore.

If you are into keeping your fish, I guess it would actually help put food on the table too, but I do it just for the fun of getting outside and seeing new places.

Kind of crummy hobby in the winter depending on where you live, but here most lakes are open year-round, so it never really ends.

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Gave that up after I got a letter from the FBI and freaked... It was for something else, but the panic reminded me I could be pointed at by a bank for hooking up the paying scammers with the payme scammers, and getting my house raided and all my stuff taken away is no fun, even if they'll give it all back as I come out not-guilty... :rotfl:

16. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

fishing is cheap if you want or need it to be. If you live down south here it can be nice enough or have enough days here and there that it almost year round. Kind of need a definition of what is cheap. And how much like work can a hobbie be? Collecting anything that is free to me from a pallet rack gave to me to a couple truck loads of plastic drums. The old saying about if it is free then might as well take it. A friend got a man lift gave to him from work that will go up about 30' and I think all that is wrong with it is a dead battery that we got a replacement one of from work also on a different trip. When your yard looks like a junk yard i think this could be a hobbie. If you don't mind older video games (just not the newest system) you can get out sorta cheap. If you have an at home business i think after three years of claiming a loss they say it is a hobbie. :confused: Play softball or something in your local church league.

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I dig holes in my backyard then fill them back in. You find interesting things sometimes, just last Saturday I found a full 4 feet of white 8 gauge wire that must have been left there before the yard was graded. It was fascinating and I found it only 2.5 feet down! A month ago I found a lump of concrete a full 6 inches across!:eek1:

18. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got a 16 ft Bass boat, don't get it out enough. Two 17 ft canoes. So fishing is near the top. Don't take the '83 FXWG out enough either, so Biker lifestyle has suffered, must be the family life influence!

19. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

Chasing wild hogs :D

20. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

When I was stationed in Alexandria, a friend was hanging out the open side door on my van getting ready to leap onto a wild hog running along side the road. He would'a but the hog hung a hard right into the swamp when it saw him. Oh yea, he had my open Buck knife in his mouth!