Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cheap lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MetalCore_Blazer393, Mar 11, 2007.

1. MetalCore_Blazer393

MetalCore_Blazer393 Registered Member

hi, i am new to this site and i signed up earlier today and was lookin around and liked the site a lot. what i was thinking for a 4 inch lift is to get that shackle flip kit ( http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/shacklekit.htm ) for rear end but then i wasnt sure what i could do with the front. i am on a low budget but any advice i would be happy.
    or if any one has a cheaper/better idea for a 4 inch lift let me know.

i have a 3 inch body and 35 inch tires on it now and thats it i am pretty sure (i bought the truck with what it has now)

2. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

buy the rear shacke flip, some 4 inch front springs, a steering arm, shocks, and ubolts, and you got yourself a 4 inch lift. theres alot of options.

3. MetalCore_Blazer393

ok thank you, i am not real good at cars but i know teh basics so i wasnt sure like what else i needed for the front end and if those shackle things were worth it. thanks again

4. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

I just put in my Rough Country 4" lift for the front. It was only 330 after shipping, and well worth the money. It comes with springs, shocks, ubolds, steering arm and everything else you need for a front lift, also comes with blocks for the rear that you can put on ebay or something and get like $30 back! ( thats what I did!).

www.roughcountry.com

5. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

You could find a set of used 4" springs for cheap, check e-bay and on here, you might find a really good deal, def in the right place for info, you'll find everything you need on these boards.

6. MetalCore_Blazer393

thanks guys great info, hey m1ndlessone for "Upgrades & accsessories" what is the needed stuff and not needed, this is also my everyday driver/weekend mudder so it needs to be road usable and i already have rancho dual streering stablizers

7. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

just get the kit, none of the add-ons, those are upgrades. I would suggest the new shocks and such, if you are still running stocks.

RoughCountry is known to be a little on the stiff side, but I LOVE my lift from them.

8. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I got my front 4" springs from the superlift scratch and dent store on e-bay, about $58.00 each.