Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap parts bin.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by POWERMAD, Mar 6, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Don't ya love tearing into stuff and tossin it all in one big bin? Makes it sorta like a jig saw puzzle.
    I got to work today and seen a tranny service had been done the night before. 3 cases of empty tranny fluid bottles.
    At work we have stackable bins to put nuts & bolts in.
    At home I just deplete the kids cereal bowls (butter dishes) .
    But they are not stackable and take up lots of space when ya do.
    Anyway I seen all those bottles and remembered a CHP tip on a parts bin from years ago.
    I took all the bottles and cut em in half on the band saw.
    I cut the tops off the boxes and put diapers in em, then put 12 ea in the box.
    Wrapped em up in duct tape (bling bling) and used up my supply of various stickers on em.
    The containers are removeable and with 12 per box that makes going back together a no brainer.
    I took 2 home and had to leave one behind.
    The supervisor came back and was wondering what WTF I was doing cutting up empty ATF bottles on the band saw.
    Just makin myself a parts bin boss.. LOL
    I needed one at the shop anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sometimes you freak me out Ron... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I sell parts at my work and we do the same thing w/ our empty ATF bottles. Cut /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif the bottoms and use them to hold all of our smaller O-rings and smaller nuts & bolts /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif