Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap Sound Proofing

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Eagle, Mar 9, 2000.

1. Eagle

Eagle Registered Member

I know on the old form people posted their alternatives to sound proofing your truck. I did a search but at last that knowledge is gone. I would rather not use dynomat because of its cost. What is as good as or better than Dynomat to sound proof your?

There is a VERY fine line between hobby and mental illness

2. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Not much...if it does a better job then Dynamat..it's probally more expensive!!!!!!

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Depending on how much Dynomat your going to use is the big question? All Dynomat was designed for was to limit the vibrations of the metal parts of a vehical by absorbing that vibration which will lower noise... I've seen people line their complete inside of a vehical and it works great, the only thing I know is once they roll down a window or take the top off.... it like the rest of us....Have to turn it up some.... You can add a far amount to all main parts of the body to tone down the vibration of the metal and you should be very happy with the end results.....
    Talk to some stereo shops they will help you....

<font color=red>C<font color=green>'<font color=blue>m<font color=orange>o<font color=purple>e

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

4. talison79

talison79 1/2 ton status

I used rubberized roofing tar about $6 gallon $12 five gallon put it on with trowl about half inch thick. There is stuff sold on a roll looks like mylar " thick paper reinforced with thread, reflective coating on one side " used for attic insulation" just cut the stuff with sicors and lay it over all the tar then put down your padding and carpet. It works great on noise and heat, and its realy cheap, be sure not to cover any wires you may need to get to. I let mine air dry for a day or two before putting down paper.

5. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

what about just blue dow styrofoam...the kind you buy in like 4'x8' sheets...for like behind the side panels.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout