Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheap starter K5 in Colo?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by snobordboi, Oct 26, 2004.

1. snobordboi

snobordboi Registered Member

As the subject says I am looking at getting a K5 to start building and wheeling. I want to start with something cheap aka 500 bucks or less, but I am also hoping to find something that does run and drive. I am in the Denver area and so would like to find something in Colo. I plan to eventually to 1 tons and 39.5-44 inch tires, so I will be trimming fenders so rust isnt to big of a concern unless the seats are falling out etc. also top and doors arent to big of a deal since this will just be a toy pretty much. So any help from Co people if you know of something like this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    Dan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Keep an eye on the classified ads in the newspaper. Do you have the Thrifty Nickel up that way? If so, sometimes there are some pretty cheap K5's listed in there, at least there are here in Colorado Springs. You can search the Colorado Springs edition online at www.thenickel.com /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. ugly

ugly 1/2 ton status

$500.00 will get you a ROUGH blazer. I looked at a $2000.00 one recently, and it needed everything just to drive down the strret. The guy thought it was in good condition.

I hope you have great luck.

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I've got an 84 K5 with a 6.2 I'd sell for $2000 firm. Body is VERY straight, just need a paint. PO primered it. Also, don't know the 6.2. I've been getting 17 mpg w/ it. It's got a 700R4/208 with factory 10 bolts. Rear has factory locker. 3.73 gears. T-case has under 1500 on NAPA rebuild. Also, newer alternator and dual batteries. 32x10.50x15's on Chrome spokes. Tires about 85-90% tread.

Located in Colorado Springs.

5. snobordboi

snobordboi Registered Member

Yeah I expect for 500 Im looking at really rough alot of rust etc, I almost got one for 200 a while back but the guy found a buyer before I could get the cash or means to go get it from glenwood springs, worst part was it ran and drove even. If the 73 for sale in Grand Junction doesnt get sold before I get money Ill probably do that, then start looking for an engine after it gets here.