Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheaped shipping method for a set of 4 tires with wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan88Jimmy, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Ryan88Jimmy

Ryan88Jimmy Registered Member

Just wondering what companies all of you have found to offer the cheapest rate for shipping oversize and heavy items cross country. I am looking at shipping a set 38" tires with wheels from Ohio to North Dakota and don't know who I should get to ship them.

Ryan88Jimmy

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Grab the phone book. The last set of tires I had shipped to me were from California to Oklahoma. 5 36" swamps mounted on steel rims. Pretty damn heavy. Truck freight was only $125 or so. Just call around to some of the truck freight place in the area.

Kyle
    89K5

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I work for a large window grille manufacturing company and we have a huge shipping area. I've found shipping things in and out of here are cheaper because of the structure the company has with the truck lines. Because of the volume we put out we get price breaks that the normal Joe doesn't get. If you don't have such a set up where you work, maybe you can think of a freind who has this where they work and they can help you out...........just an idea. I've had lowrider tires and rims, off-road tires and rims, lift kits, guns, etc. shipped through here and it saved me a $#itload of cash. Oh, by the way, I was kidding about the guns. Hahaha ! Good luck.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't know if they will ship something that large/heavy or not, but both Amtrak and Greyhound take cargo. Cheaper than freight if these two will take it. probably have to ship 4 boxes, which may send the price skyrocketing, but doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds links: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html>http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/index2.html</A>