Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cheaper prices at Sams Club!! Im Shocked!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Oct 9, 2003.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

I work there in the tire section and it sucks because we get no discounts. Iwas looking up what custom orders we did, and i say 37x12.5-15 MTRs for 178 bucks shipped! Plus 35x13.5-15's are only 250 or so, not exactly sure. I just thought id let yall know. remember to add 9 dollars for mounting, balancing and road hazzard!

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

guys at POR keep talking about scoring 37" MTRs for $160/ea... wonder where they score that deal...

j

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

what kind of road hazzard do you guys have? Is it the same as Discount offers? I am in need of some 35's soon and I am looking for the best price, but I don't want to sacrifice the warranty they offer for $10 per tire.

4. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

I worked at Discount tire for 2 years b4 i started here, so iknow about Disounts road hazzard. Sam's club is pretty much the same. If there is defect within 1 year and a certain mileage i believe (nail in sidewall etc) After that, prorate starts. If the tread depth is 11/32's brand new, then they will replace for free down to 7/32s of tread left. After that you get percentages off. I really like both warranties, but Sams is alot cheaper. Discoutn is just a dont ask dont tell type, which is great for offroaders! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sam's club is the cheapest place to get tires hands down. You just don't have the choices that you have other places.

I special ordered a set of BFG A/Ts for my DD from Sams and they promised me they'd be in after a week or so. Three weeks later I called one day and they weren't in. The next day I called again and they still weren't in. I asked to speak to the manager and he looked and found them. They'd been there the whole time and he said that someone simply neglected to call me and tell me that they were in, so I canceled the order and got a refund. I will certainly be getting another set from Sam's, I simply didn't want to give that store my business and I wanted them to have the hassle of having to send them back.

6. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    guys at POR keep talking about scoring 37" MTRs for $160/ea... wonder where they score that deal...

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Tirerack used to have them for that price. But they can't even get the tires now and they are 197 ea IIRC.

Eric

7. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I worked at Discount tire for 2 years b4 i started here, so iknow about Disounts road hazzard. Sam's club is pretty much the same. If there is defect within 1 year and a certain mileage i believe (nail in sidewall etc) After that, prorate starts. If the tread depth is 11/32's brand new, then they will replace for free down to 7/32s of tread left. After that you get percentages off. I really like both warranties, but Sams is alot cheaper. Discoutn is just a dont ask dont tell type, which is great for offroaders! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no prorate on Discount's road hazard. They have a FULL replacement warrenty and they will beat anyones price. On many occasions I have culled $35 or $40 off each tire just by bringing a 4 Wheel and Off Road or 4Wheeler. I got my AE 589's and BFG 35/12.5/16.5 MT's for $580.00 before tax!!!!!

No one beats Discount's warrenty/road hazzard!