Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cheapest caddy calipers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by surpip, May 23, 2004.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

where is the cheapest place to get the caddy calipers? i wa going to get them from aazkickin but if annyboddy knows where to get the same quality cheaper let me know /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

They're about as rare as hens teeth, so they aren't particularly cheap anywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    They're about as rare as hens teeth, so they aren't particularly cheap anywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

they are not rare.. Pep Boys has them.. new with pads...

$250!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif no core... dont know if the ebrake lever is there.. but i doubt it.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

www.car-parts.com

Found mine for $35 shipped to my door, came complete with levers, springs, used pads, mounting hardware /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif then I had another ck5 member rebuild them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. HarryH3

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are not rare.. Pep Boys has them.. new with pads...

$250!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif no core... dont know if the ebrake lever is there.. but i doubt it.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason they cost so much is that they're so rare. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif They were only made for 3 years, and for only a single car model. Other ebrake calipers cost far less (because there are zillions of them in junkyards) but won't work for our application. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif And you're correct, they don't come with the e-brake lever. But stay tuned. The folks at Az-Kickin' Off Road may have a custom solution to that little problem very soon. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

sweet im on a tight buget as im shure every one is and having never done annything like this before its a huge help to be able to learn to do it the easiest way!! thanks again and i will be a member soon!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

7. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

Couldn't there be another solution like late 80s transam rear calipers or impala SS calipers or something??

8. HarryH3

The later model calipers don't open wide enough. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

hmmm, even newer trucks? What about other makes? Are there any current kits that come with calipers, levers and cables?

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya there is a kit that comes with everything its from ORU but its like 1300 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif clams, would be real nice comes with EVERYTHING plus the pcv valve but dont really have that kind of money!!

11. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Humm...... a pcv valve??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

a four-disc proportioning valve, sorry thats waht i call them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    www.car-parts.com

Found mine for $35 shipped to my door, came complete with levers, springs, used pads, mounting hardware /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif then I had another ck5 member rebuild them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mine wasnt as good... $26 for both plus $20 shipping to my door... $46!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

i emailed like 10 places from car=part no responces =(

15. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    i emailed like 10 places from car=part no responces =(

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm they have phone numbers listed.. you gotta realize that most of these are junkyards where the people are non computer literate.. so they rather deal with the ole telephono!!! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Just so everyone knows....I called the $12.95 Texas place from car-parts.com and they don't have anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    Just so everyone knows....I called the $12.95 Texas place from car-parts.com and they don't have anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry John I tried tellin ya early enough.. but hey there are other places for $30 each /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I had the caddy calipers with the ebrake lever, but didnt really like them too much. The ebrake didnt hold as well as I would have like it to. Instead just hook up a line lock, I did and it works good as hell. I ran the line lock up front and the caddies in the rear.

19. RootBreaker

[ QUOTE ]
    I had the caddy calipers with the ebrake lever, but didnt really like them too much. The ebrake didnt hold as well as I would have like it to. Instead just hook up a line lock, I did and it works good as hell. I ran the line lock up front and the caddies in the rear.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm all I want the ebrake cable for is for inspection.. im going to go with some company.. (I have been drinkin too much right now to think of whom /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif) but they sell a kit where you throw a switch and it locks the brakes... I forget whom/how/what/etc... but when I need to worry about the actual ebrake working (adide from putting truck in gear) then I will worry about it again..... say amen to white label whisky.. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

umm all I want the ebrake cable for is for inspection.. im going to go with some company.. (I have been drinkin too much right now to think of whom /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif) but they sell a kit where you throw a switch and it locks the brakes... I forget whom/how/what/etc... but when I need to worry about the actual ebrake working (adide from putting truck in gear) then I will worry about it again..... say amen to white label whisky.. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sorry, all we have is the sniffer here in cali, and shes got a strong nose.