Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheapest Gears for 10bolt?!?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OffRoader93, Jan 5, 2006.

1. OffRoader93

OffRoader93 1/2 ton status

What company has the cheapest gears for a GM 10 bolt? I am looking for 3.73. I also want to get the master install kit. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Brenton

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I got some nice 4.56s you can have for free. You'll have to pull 'em out the busted 10 bolt. I'll even throw in a perfectly good Gov-Lock!:haha::haha::haha:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, I got my 4.56s with the install kits from Randy's Ring and Pinion about 2 years ago for $350 front and back. I thought it was a good deal at the time, but after blowing the 10 bolt after little more than 8,000 miles and having to switch to the 14 bolt, I wish I had done the switch in the first place. You can get a 14 bolt with 4.10s for about $350 tops, install it, and still have some cash left over. (If you figure the cost if you have the gears installed in a shop)

Al

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Try Randy's Ring and Pinion.

Yukon gears seem to be a popular choice for quality and price.

4. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Ive gotten stuff from Randy's. Good people. If your just concerned about price check Summit and Jegs. The have great prices and on some parts put there names on 'em and charge less.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

How about some used gears? I have a set front,and rear that I could part with let me know..

dumpedvw@juno.com

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I think there's a Charles Wenzel somewhere that has a set of gears real cheap ;)

7. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

i put some 456s in mine. I got them though 4wheelparts i think it was like 160 or soo for the ring and pinon and then 30 for minor install and 70 or soo for the master. im happy with them sooo far i did it in the summer and its a DD and still holding up good. But i agree with midnitewarya vbmenu_register("postmenu_1418991", true); if your just going with a DD it will be fine but im wishen i would have just swaped in the 14 bolt thats just sitting there looking at me every time i go into the shop.

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status