Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheapest Place for battery jumper thing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Oct 28, 2005.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Friend of mine has a truck with a cable running from the battery to the grill with a quick connect and has a cable with the quick connect to a alligator clamp for jumping other cars. two ofhis trucks came with his, we can't figure out what there called. a local offroad shop said they could order some for us for 100 bucks, but that sounds high for plastic and wire, even a decent gauge. Anyone know what I am talking about?

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

painless wiring has one that is quick connect(maybe the pic will work). or you could buy wire, terminals and some of those battery cable through bulkhead or firewall sort of connectors and make your own. sorry can't find a pic of the bulkhead connector.

40101.jpg

3. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

I've seen them in tow truck equip. catalogs. Call some tow companys in your town.

4. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

5. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

i have a similar set on my k5, pretty heavy duty..bought mine through mac tools

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Warn sells the connectors. I made a pair for my self. The connectors themselfs sell for about $30. You will need at least 1 pair. I have leads running to my front bumper and one to my rear bumper. The rear also doubles for the power to my trailer winch. Very handy to have.

7. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    If I can order mass amounts of this and wire, anyone be interested in me making some and shipping them out? I think I found a wholesaler, and these look like they could come in handy.