Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cheapest place to get fuel tank sending unit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Gary 86 K5, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Gary 86 K5

Gary 86 K5 1/2 ton status

just as the subject says, my sending unit is bad and i need a new one, if anyone could tell me where to get one cheap i would appreciate it, thanks!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What is cheap to you? I have one for a 87 31 gallon tank but have no idea if it works... you can try www.fuelsender.com thats where i got my new one from for around 100-150 dollars. They pay you 30 bucks for your old unit as a core charge.

3. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

Id get one from LMC. will be new, and they work & fit very well and are not exactly cheap, but are much much cheaper than the dealer. Might get a part # from the dealer and check gmpartsdirect.com ...

mike

4. Gary 86 K5

Gary 86 K5 1/2 ton status

im a tech at a chevy dealer and i got a price on a new one, it would cost me $98 for a new gm one but i dont want to pay that much, ill check lmc once i get my catalog, ill also look around other local parts stores and see what they have /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

definately lmc truck /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

When I installed my poly tank, I bought a new senging unit from LMC. Works great.
    -- Mike