Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheapest way for BASS......

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Lotsa_Faith, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

what is the cheapest combo you can have to get some good quality all around sound with some good bass? how much will it cost?

Mike Dee

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Glasspacks......

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That reminds me of another question that's about impossible to answer:

"How long is a piece of string?"

Lotsa.....that question is impossible to answer. Your idea of "good sound" is probably quite different from mine, and from many others on this list. Perhaps you could give us some criteria about what you have heard that you think sounded good.....6x9s? Seperates? Hi-Powered In-Dash deck and 4 speakers.....Bazooka Tubes?

There are SO many ways to do a system in a vehicle (especially in one as BIG as a K5) that the only limits will be your creativity and your budget....! For me the budget usually runs out first [​IMG]

Seriously though....give us some more specifics about what you like, and what you are expecting to spend and I'm sure you'll get some ideas from this group.

-Greg72
    1.5 KiloWatt K5

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

For me I had two 12"s with a 600 watt amp, two 8"s in truck boxes w/tweeters with a 250 watt amp, two 6x9s and four 1" tweeters with a 300 watt amp. That sounded good all the way arond, including a block away. I put it together for $700.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Go to a local flea market... buy one of them dual 10" speaker boxes you can get there (they are the samething I have found if you look to find a decent one that you can buy at Best Buy). They are like $50. They have the plexi glass fronts. Then go get two MTX subs. They are like $80 for two. Then get a decent amp. I got a Crunch Drive 800 watt amp. $130 bucks and it's way awesome if you ask me. Anyhow you will be deaf in a week. Least I hear nothing but my friends complain it's too loud. [​IMG] It sounds good too! (Of course like Greg said your opinion of good might differ from mine....)

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

You might look at bass tubes. Some of them come with amps.

Peace and stuff [​IMG],

Muddin

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer>www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer</a>

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Drive behind a lowrider.......lol......How cheap are we talking and whaat else are you going to use? what kind of music do you lissen to? How handy are you?

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

8. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

good quality sound and good bass?

Well buy you a classical cd and play it through your stock speakers, not too bad because they're higher tones usually.

The other is going to cost more. What you need here is a licence, a Shakespeare pole and a good bait caster reel. You'll need a net, full box of tackle, and a bass boat. Then you'll need a 1 ton CHEVY to pull that bass boat. But once you're out there on the open water, listening to mozart and pulling in that first bass, you'll see what I'm talking about. it's GREAT!!!

LOL j/k
    buy used stuff. Hell buy my 12" esx sub that's for sale.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

10. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I wired in two home speakers with a 500 watt Legacy LA430, and it sounds great!! Cost me about $90. Got the amp at www.millionbuy.com Couldn't afford anything better 'cause I sunk $1,100 into the rear 10 bolt. I know, I know, coulda gotten a 14 bolt, but I didn't have money to buy 16" wheels and tires. Plus, it's VERY hard to find a 3/4 ton 10 bolt to convert the front, so I'd need an HD Dana 44 or Dana 60.

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat

11. SKI-'84K5

SKI-'84K5 1/2 ton status

not to be a d!ck but how in the world did you sink $1,100.00 into a 10 bolt rear.

12. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Probably easy if you had some work done at a shop..