Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

(Check clearance for the HEI). that wasn't on the damn body lift instructions!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by deek, Jun 8, 2003.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

(Check clearance for the HEI). that wasn\'t on the damn body lift instructions!

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif maybe just maybe thats something i should have looked at before i bent it all to hell

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Re: (Check clearance for the HEI). that wasn\'t on the damn body lift instructions!

There are a lot of things missing from a body lift instruction sheet.. like removing the rear tailgate springs on a blazer... but unless you only lift one end, you shouldn't have HEI issues. Did you do the kit side to side or back to front when you installed it, sounds like back to front which mine said not to do?

3. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

Re: (Check clearance for the HEI). that wasn\'t on the damn body lift instructions!

I did it side to side, It just got caught on the (fire wall/floorboard) pinch seem

4. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Re: (Check clearance for the HEI). that wasn\'t on the damn body lift instru

good call on the tailgate springs, i forgot about them when i did mine. that sucked. thats wierd that the hei hit though, i have a big block and it wasnt even close.

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Good reason to get a new kick ass one!, I cracked my rotor cap when I did mine, then while tring to position it from doing further damage this happened...

[​IMG]

After a new door and fenders and a 4 core radiater I was back in bisiness /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. sad part is is that I ruined bran new panels /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif