Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT EDIT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RESTORE89, Feb 3, 2001.

1. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

I MISTAKENLY SAID A CODE 42, IT IS A CODE 43. HOWEVER, I HAVE ALREADY REPLACED MY ESC, DUE TO A CODE 42, AND THAT DID FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE 42 CODE. THIS LIGHT COMES ON AT HIGHWAY SPEED OVER 70MPH OR SOMETIME WHEN I GET ON THE GAS HARD. ALSO SOMETIMES THE ENGINE WILL INCREASE IN RPM ABOUT 500 IF LEFT TO IDLE MORE THAN ABOUT 10 MINUTES, THEN IT WILL IDLE BACK. SOMEBODY SAID MAYBE A CLOGGED CAT, THE CONVERTER HAD BEEN REMOVED BEFORE I PURCHASED THE TRUCK. IS THERE A WAY TO CHECK THE VIN NUMBER TO SEE IF I STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL MOTOR. I HAVE A LOT OF THINGS THAT PEOPLE SAY THEY HAVE ONLY SEEN ON A DIESEL TRUCK, LIKE DUAL FRONT SHOCKS, OIL COOLER, AND POWER STEERING COOLER
    THANKS FOR ALL THE IDEAS, I AM STILL STRUGGLING WITH THIS THING, AND IT IS UNCOOL TO STRUGGLE, SO ANY OTHER IDEAS WOULD BE HELPFUL
    THANKS
    CHRIS

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

my 89 has an oil cooler, tranny cooler, power steering cooler and dual shocks....jimmy slt, i think its the towing package..mine also has a huge tie rod, when i went to get a tie rod end, the parts dude said it has a 3/4 ton p/n..it dwarfed the 1/2 ton one, it also has 373's

AIRBORNE!!