Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

check engine light ideas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RESTORE89, Feb 1, 2001.

1. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

thanks for all the input
    i get the idea that you guys think i should keep the tbi
    i have not been using the 4 wheel drive because of the ratio diff. i have done a complete tune up including plug wires cap rotor as well as replacing the esc module map sensor, egr valve coolant temp sensor, etc i have spent about 300 on sensors alone. one of you guys told me not to put the locker in the front because it would cause rapid tire wear. my truck has manual locking hubs, and the only time they are locked is when i am off road, i thought by putting it in the front instead of the rear i would prevent excessive tire wear, am i wrong, or just misinformed about my particular truck.
    i would also like to thank you guys for the great response
    chris

2. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

I got posi's in my front and have not had excessive tire wear. But, when you lock in the hubs, on hard surfaces, you can here the gripping and feel it when you want to turn. All he wants to do is go straight. If the hubs aren't locked, then your wheels turn freely and you shouldn't see excessive tire wear. I don't know that much about Lockers but if hubs aren't locked, there aren't gears engaged. I'd go for it.

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>David, '86 & '91 K5</font color=red>