Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

check engine light...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Apr 17, 2000.

hey guys I was wondering if any of you later model blazers have had the same prob. I've been having... My service engine soon light keeps comming on... any clues what may cause this? thanks in advance....oh yeah its a 90 model with 350

I sold my 74 to my best friend so he could join the K5 family...

1. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Go to a local parts store and get a code scanner.You plug it in and it makes you check engine light blink a certain number of times.Then you look it up in the book provided with it.The one I got for my 87' suburban was only 20 bucks and worked on almost any chevy vehicle.My light was also interrmittent.But can't remember what the problem was.It can be a great many things.This little gadget will save alot of headache.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

save youself some cash...use a paper clip and use it to jump the connections where the code scanner would go....look in the hayes manuel for the different codes.
    Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

3. Thanks dude I'll try that...

I sold my 74 to my best friend so he could join the K5 family...