Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

check it out, I get a new air compressor tomorrow!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Jan 27, 2002.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

well I'm getting a 60g compressor tomorrow, and needless to say I'm very very excited! I have all my own tools except I'm using my fathers air compressor, and his shop (in which is a true shop, and the most he ever uses it one of the bays). well he decided he'd get a new compressor, but he won't be home for over a year so I'm going to break it in real well for him.

actually I think it comes down to the fact that he knows that with a nice compressor, and the fact that I'm using, that he has something to hold over my head so I'll repair all his haying equipment. [​IMG]

I think I got the short end of the stick! LOL

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

2. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

umm hmm, i as well am using the old man's facilities- 3 car garage behind their house- and he has a ridiculously huge compressor ( how big? all he said was he paid 1700 for it in '88... it's big and can outrun any tool i put on it....)

i wanna build a shop here at my new house, but the pool and a tree comes too close to the fenceline on one side and there's the septic leachlines and tanks on the other side, so i don't know about a driveway.... plus i'm broke from buying the house anyway..... so it's off to the old homestead for the blazer projects...

greg

* keep the greasy side down *

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Very cool, Jeff. What kind is it? Whats the specs?

[​IMG] &lt;= pic of Jeff with new compressor.

<font color=white>.</font color=white>Eric
    <font color=white>.</font color=white>Twizted

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea that is kinda my scenario... I'm broke from buying the house too, and I'm quite happy to work together.

I do a lot of stuff for him that he doesn't want to do, and in turn I get use of his shop (which goes un-used anyway)... he'll use it to work on his hay equipment (which gets parked outside in front of the shop anyway), and to park one tractor in when he's feeding cows in the winter. one bay goes unused all the time.

I think he's quite happy to have his shop kept clean, and organized. things actually get used, and kept in good operational condition.

the compressor is sitting in the shop right now, and <a target="_blank" href=http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=32357>here are the spec's on the new compressor</a>

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>