Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check it out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Jun 3, 2004.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

If you live in Colorado, check out todays Rocky Mountain News. My letter to the Editor was published re: the Paul Childs shooting. Damn I'm good. Or check out the Rocky Mountain News on line.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/opinion/article/0,1299,DRMN_38_2933583,00.html

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

VERY WELL PUT!!!! I liked it. That's exacty how I feel. Thanks for expressing my thoughts as well as your's. Next time, under you name, you can write "Mark, Too" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Right on brother. I agree with you totally, I lived in Den. up until 2000 and all of them deserved it. You didn't hear anyone squawking when they shot that skinhead who killed a cop. (I don't know if you remember that)

Bleeding hearts are taking over the world, here in Junction a guy ran from the cops, shot at them, killed a police dog, and then shot himself. The community donated $16,000 for a new dog and a whole bunch of idiots protested and said the money should go to the shooter's family! It was a loss of HUMAN life, so even though he took his own we should feel guilty! WTF is the matter with people.

4. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

Good one John /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifThey just need to give that cop his job back, the family got what they wanted $! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Rules for surviving confrontations simple

Let me get this straight: The Childs family uses the Denver Police Department as a free baby-sitting, conflict resolution and taxi service for their son (not to mention father figure). One day, things go too far, and a cop (using the training and procedures given to him by the city of Denver) kills their knife-wielding son. Now, they get $1 million? ("Childs family, city reach deal," May 26.)

For a long time, the Denver police have been ravaged by the minority community, the press and the left. To all of the DPD opponents I have this to say: Cops shoot people who are armed and dangerous. Cops defend you and me and themselves.

If you don't want to get shot by a cop, follow these simple rules: 1. Do not wave knives, guns or other weapons at them or others (Paul Childs, Ismael Mena, etc.) 2. Do not try to run them over with your car (Jeff Truax).

Pretty simple, if you ask me, but I am just an undereducated, overprivileged, law-abiding citizen from the suburbs who has never been oppressed or held back by "the man." Perhaps I just don't get it . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Change the names and that could have been written about the Seattle area.

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Rules for surviving confrontations simple

Let me get this straight: The Childs family uses the Denver Police Department as a free baby-sitting, conflict resolution and taxi service for their son (not to mention father figure). One day, things go too far, and a cop (using the training and procedures given to him by the city of Denver) kills their knife-wielding son. Now, they get $1 million? ("Childs family, city reach deal," May 26.)

For a long time, the Denver police have been ravaged by the minority community, the press and the left. To all of the DPD opponents I have this to say: Cops shoot people who are armed and dangerous. Cops defend you and me and themselves.

If you don't want to get shot by a cop, follow these simple rules: 1. Do not wave knives, guns or other weapons at them or others (Paul Childs, Ismael Mena, etc.) 2. Do not try to run them over with your car (Jeff Truax).

Pretty simple, if you ask me, but I am just an undereducated, overprivileged, law-abiding citizen from the suburbs who has never been oppressed or held back by "the man." Perhaps I just don't get it . . .

John McAdam
    Denver

That is the letter. Probably pissed off a lot of people, and since my number is in the book, I'm sure I'll get some nasty phone calls from the militant NAACP types. But you know what I say? Bring it! My dog will kill you AND your family (because she is a good dog who loves her daddy).

Thank a Cop