Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check It Out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TeK, Sep 4, 2006.

1. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

Well I didn't know if anyone used the program called WhatPulse? Its a very cool program and a fun competition. Here is an excerpt:

What is WhatPulse exactly?

Sure we have a fancy website, loads of stats and lotsa users, but many people still wonder what WhatPulse exactly is. This page tries to explain a bit more about what it is, a simple keycounter.

The purpose of WhatPulse is simply to collect statistics about your computer behavior. Some people (Like me) use it to determine how long they've worked on something, like a programming project, a school essay, chatting by all means.

How does it work?
    WhatPulse opens a so-called "keyhook" when it's booted, which listens to incoming Windows messages about the keyboard, the keyhook sends these messages to the program itself, and the program first determines if the key pressed is a proper key (Every standard keyboards' keys are counted) and then simply does PreviousKeyCount + 1.

Pulsing: When you "pulse", you're actually sending your keycounts in the program to the server along with other information about your Account, so the server can decide where to put the keycount. If the pulse goes according to plan, the server sends back an "OK", and the client's keycount is reset to 0 (zero), and your previous keys are added to your profile in the server database! :)

And for all you people who are thinking "oeh mi god a keylogger, no way!", well, exactly, No way. WhatPulse is not and never will be any sort of keylogger, it does not collect the keys you type, but only how many keys you type. (see our Privacy Policy)

If anyone is interested in signing up make sure you join up on my team. PM me for details on how to join. Here is a link to our stats.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  2. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

WTF MANG? No one even has anything to say?

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Shhhhhhhhhhh............it might hear you................:p:

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Why?????????????????

5. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

Why Not????

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Because spyware sucks, even if it does have a chance of being entertaining.

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I tried to find your thread bubba... "Kill the n00b thread",but it's been a long day. Good luck.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That's all you can do? You suck as a salesman. Sale denied. Thank you for playing.................