Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check it out

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Muddytazz, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

A burb body swap, look in my webshots for pics of the body swap. More pics will come soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Link is in my sig.

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Looks like alot of work. How much time did it end up taking? You didn't do that all in one weekend did you? I was thinking about doing that with my burb. Just need to go south and find a rust free body. Would I be able to pull it off in 2 weeks working on it nights and weekends? The truck is my daily driver so I am trying to get a time schedule together so I can arrange for rides to and from work. Did you run into any particular problems? Thanks for any info. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Looks like alot of work. How much time did it end up taking? You didn't do that all in one weekend did you?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes it is a lot of work, but its been a fun ordeal. We are still working on finishing it up. Been into it for 3 weeks now, but we are only working on it like 3 or 4 days a week(including weekends).
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Would I be able to pull it off in 2 weeks working on it nights and weekends?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ummmmm, maybe, if you didn't run into any major setbacks. So far we haven't had any. Unless you know you can work on it every night and every weekend all day, its going to take more than 2 weeks to do. We planned for a month, looking more like 5 weeks now. The few things we have come across was a 2wd body on a 4wd frame. The 2wd bodies do not have a removable tunnel, so we had to cut a hole in the tranny tunnel for the t-case shifter. Wiring issues may come up if you use different yrs as far as hook ups might be different. But all in all, we have not run into anything major as far as setbacks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif then again, we aren't done yet. Will keep you posted.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Jeff,

What exactly are you doing? Putting a new 2wd body on your Burb? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Not on mine. My dads 77 4wd body was all rusted out, so he bought a 2wd burb and we are swapping the bodies. Scrapping the 4wd body and putting the 2wd body on the 4wd frame /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif