Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check it____Doubler Built____Pictures!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mr.Chevy4x4, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I finished putting my 205 back together this evening. I had to change out the input shaft to the turbo 400 type so I figured I might as well rebuild it while it was apart. I finished up the 203 range box and adapter earlier in the week. I couldn't quit tonight before mating the setup for a couple of pictures. Check it out, it kind of looks like Halloween!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun69/aao
    http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun69/aap
    http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun69/aaq

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif nice....

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It's so fresh,and so clean /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    *I'm jealous*

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looking good congrats /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Mr.Chevy4x4

Thanks! I forgot to mention that my twin stick shifter showed up this afternoon, so hopefully all of this will be going in the truck tomorrow! I really dislike removing and replacing transmission/transfer case combos from trucks. Especially trucks with a lot of lift that my floor jack won't reach!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Oh well, the end result is worth the effort! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

looks sweet!!!

Later

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Very clean /forums/images/icons/wink.gif . I'll bet the inside looks as good as the outside. Nice attention to detail, good job /forums/images/icons/cool.gif .

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I like! Gotta get me one of those...

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'm jealous! Definately on my list of things to do. How long did it take you to put it together? Any problems or oversights?

10. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

looks nice mike i see also you have done found a dana 60 .

11. Mr.Chevy4x4

Thanks! I tore the 205 apart Wednesday evening, cleaned up all of the internals, and inspected everything. I carried the case to the machine shop Thursday morning and picked it up that afternoon. I spent that evening and Friday evening putting the 205 back together with new bearings and seals. I could have done it in one evening but I wanted to take my time and double check everything. I spent Monday and Tuesday evenings separating the range box from the 203, cleaning, and putting it back together with new bearings and seals. There weren't any suprises involved, just a lot of tedious cleanup and atention to detail.

The only issues I have now are that it looks like i might have to clearance the Doubler adapter a little to clear the twin stick shifter setup. I could be wrong, but it looks like it is going to be awful close. I also have to widen one crossmember for the rear and make a custom one for the front. Other than that it has been a piece of cake!

I have to say that the quality of the ORD doubler kit is incredible. I'm the type that mic's everything end verifies clearances and deminsions, and everything was spot on! Thanks Stephen for such a high quality product!

12. Mr.Chevy4x4

Thanks Johnny. Yeah, I found the 60 a while back. I had heard that a local guy had one he was going to try to make work in his bronco. I went over there to talk to him about it. He had planned on cutting up the tubes to swap the long and short sides which I thought was crazy! He had already cut off the shock mounts and the left side spring pearch. After about two weeks of hounding him about it he finally agreed that if I could fing him a Ford 60 he would swap with me. Well I just happended to know where a Ford 60 was that I could get for $500 so the deal was made and I ended up with a 60 finally! I had to make a new spring pearch out of 2 1/2 inch 1/4 inch thick square steel, and I cut some shock mounts of of an old front end I had laying around.

13. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Ain't it purdy /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    When you install it just call Rocko over to help I'am sure he would love to help. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Mine fell off the jack and on his chest /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif . Sure glad he was ok.
    Sure looks good keep use posted on the install. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">Man, that thing looks sweet ! NOW GO GET IT DIRTY AND SCRAPED ! </font color>