Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out my bike i've been building...Motorcycles are cool...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigburban383, Jun 15, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Check out my bike i\'ve been building...Motorcycles are cool...

Its a 1978 Kawasaki KZ400D, I think it was that last of its kind before the LTDs came out. Its only a 400 so that sucks, my buddy and I are in the process of finding a turbo charger for it

I have yet to fix the dents in the tank and paint, I also have a front fairing in the mail, and I have to make a low profile seat.

[​IMG]
    Hopefully you guys thought of Cafe racer cause that is the look I am going for.

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

Re: Check out my bike i\'ve been building...Motorcycles are cool...

what color are ya going to finish it up with? going to be a nice bike. is this your first bike?

3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Im actually looking into buying a 500CX it looks similiar to that but it has a v-twin style engine. This will be my first bike since I totalled my 86 Honda 250 Rebel 8 years ago.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I used to have a Kawie 440 LTD. Good little bikes for teaching people to ride, and good bikes for running around on.

5. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    what color are ya going to finish it up with? going to be a nice bike. is this your first bike?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes its my first road bike. Its going to be all green.
    I can't wait to get a real bike when I get a real job, i'm dreamin a CBR600 or a 929 would be teets.

It is a small light bike and I made it even lighter. With a turbo on it I can atleast run with a vette, until about 100 which is its top speed /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Or if it blows up, no biggy, I have about $150 into it and I am sure it would be fun while it lasted /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have about $150 into it

[/ QUOTE ]

that was a cheap ride. figured it may have been your first since it was small, don't fret though, once you get the hang of it, you'll upsize it. if and when i get one, it'll be about the same size if not a 500. it's going to look funny with a 285 lb man (me) riding a small bike /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. 6.2gmc

6.2gmc Registered Member

Hi you might think about the Turbo system off a Honda cx500turbo its a twin cylinder and im told its quite a simple system.Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

nice bike! ive been wanting to get one real bad too but i dont have my licence, and would have to take a course or something to get it since no one i know has a licenc to teach me with. bu ive been thinking about going for a dirt bike or 4 wheeler for now untill i can get my licence, then go get a regualr bike to drive on street. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have about $150 into it

[/ QUOTE ]

that was a cheap ride. figured it may have been your first since it was small, don't fret though, once you get the hang of it, you'll upsize it. if and when i get one, it'll be about the same size if not a 500. it's going to look funny with a 285 lb man (me) riding a small bike /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the bike for $50, it was having a bad charging problem and would kill batterys fast, so I got a manual and fixed it. It only has 10,000 on it and its in decent condition.

10. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif